Why invest in Montenegro
lord Byron once wrote: “At the time of the foundation of the planet, the most beautiful joining of Earth and sea occurred on Montenegrin coast …”
Although small by territory, Montenegro is rich in natural beauty, historic monuments and sunny weather almost all year round. At a distance of only 100 km there are three distinct natural environment: coast, rivers and high mountain regions. Often times, tourists have the possibility to swim in the sea, the rivers to raft, hike, or ski in the mountains – all in a single day. Montenegro is country interesting for investments , not just because a rise of tourists each year, but also because of the growth of real estate prices. Montenegro is in process of negotiations to be a member of European Union (EU) .
Montenegro has the lowest corporation tax rate in Europe and because of that has been a major attraction for international investors. Montenegro is the first Ecological country (1991 UN). Tourism has big growth (The World Travel and Tourism Council cite Montenegro as the fastest growing tourist destination in the world by 2014, generating over 21% of the country’s total GDP) Number of tourist rise over 17% per year.
- Area: 13.812 km²
- Population: 620 000
- Length of borders: 614 km
- Capital: Podgorica (186 000 inhabitants) – administrative and economic centre
- Royal capital: Cetinje – historical and cultural centre
- Currency: Euro
- Length of the sea coast: 293 km
- Number of beaches: 117
- Length of beaches: 52 km
- Longest beach: Velika plaÅ¾a (Ulcinj) – 13 km
- Highest mountain peaks: Prokletije – 2.524m, Durmitor - 2523m...
- Largest lake: Skadar Lake (391 m²)
- Deepest canyon: Tara (1.300 m)
- National parks: Durmitor, Biogradska gora, Skadarsko jezero, LovÄ‡en, Prokletije
- Largest bay: the Bay of Kotor
- Climate: Continental-Mediterranean
- Average air temperature: 27.4 ºC (summer)
- Maximum sea temperature: 27.1 º C
- Average number of sunny days during the year: 240
- Swimming season: 180 days